Wolfbend Double Wall Tube System
Davis Aircraft Products is the world leader in specifying, designing, fabricating FAR 25.863 compliant tubing systems. Davis Aircraft Products utilizes the patented Wolfbend™ technology to ensure the lightest and most robust designs for double and triple walled Aerospace, Marine and Automotive fluid conveyance. We have a complete library of tubes, fittings, and connectors to meet your coaxial tubing requirements .250 “thru 6.0”.
Wolfbend™ double wall tube system is a lightweight solution that makes bending tube-within-a-tube practical and easy. The Wolfbend™ double wall tube system meets FAA/JAA requirements for shrouded fuel lines in passenger and cargo transports. It also provides a wide variety of advantages, many of which are listed below:
Advantages of Wolfbend Double Wall Tube Systems:
- 20% to 60% manufacturing cost savings
- 25% to 60% weight savings
- 30% to 80% savings on detail part count
- Capable of smaller bends
- Less on aircraft assembly
- More damage tolerant
- Fewer couplings required
- Increased system reliability
- Securely supports inner fuel line
- Provides integral electrical bonding
Disadvantages of other (Non-Wolfbend) Systems:
- Require more time consuming, difficult and costly assembly in aircraft.
- Greater risk of damaging parts when assembling in tight or limited spaces.
- Require customized detail part design and manufacture from outside suppliers.
- Longer, more expensive design cycle time.